Sunday 20 April 2014

Words in Motion 2014- Feature Poem of the Day for National Poetry Month

The Biggest Gift the World Gave To Me


The biggest gift the world gave to me has to be the best of all
It can’t be any ordinary toy or it can’t be my favourite doll.
The biggest gift the world gave to me has to be from the heart. 
You can’t break it, you can’t bend it, you can’t tear it apart
The biggest gift of all has no start or end
It is a gift that you can easily lend
It is friendship
A gift that we all share
We can help each other and we certainly care
The biggest gift the world gave to me is friendship
It can’t be sold, it can’t be bought, it has no price
It can only be taught
The biggest gift the world gave to me is friendship for sure
If you’re sad
That’s the only cure
So I hope you all have friends
And I certainly hope your friendship never ends!

Tanisha Kadia
Grade 5, Timberlea Public School

No comments:

Post a Comment