Monday 21 April 2014

Words in Motion 2014- Feature Poem of the Day for National Poetry Month



Summer

I love summer, summer’s hot,
Canadian winters, don’t really rock!

I have the sun, don’t need the shade.
In Africa, we loved to wade,
The sunny hot sky
Makes me feel …
Not as shy,
To play with frogs and bugs,
Or to roll on the grass,
Like it’s a rug.


Summer is eating outside,
Swinging in the park, 
And sliding down the slide,
It’s summer, it’s summer!

I love summer!
I love the sun!
Don’t need the shade,
It’s time for fun!

Nyriack Gol Jiir
Grade 3, Father Turcotte School


Winter

Winter is colder than summer.
Icicles drip under my lips.
Nothing sparkles like snow.
Tonight snowflakes shine like light.
Everyone is warm with love.
Rise and shine and have some fun. 

Christine Joyce Policarpio
Grade 3, École Boréal

No comments:

Post a Comment