Are you passionate about the arts and building community connections? Keen to work with a team of dedicated staff and volunteers? Consider this: The Metro Cinema Society is seeking an Executive Director to lead and manage all aspects of Metro Cinema operations.
Based in Edmonton, Alberta, Metro Cinema is a non-profit society and registered charity devoted to the exhibition and promotion of film and video as an art form. Metro Cinema exhibits an eclectic blend of Canadian, international and independent film and media arts and operates out of the historic Garneau Theatre.
The ideal candidate will have proven experience in arts management in the not-for-profit sector, with skills in grant writing, human resources, fundraising and donor development, event management, and have a clear understanding of cinema exhibition and Canadian independent media arts. Candidates should have at least five years of relevant work experience. A formal education in a related discipline is considered an asset.
In this position, the successful candidate will:
• Collaborate with the Board of Directors on a creative vision for the future of Metro Cinema
• Foster a team environment with staff and the Board
• Develop community partnerships and new audiences
• Demonstrate excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Work with the Board on implementing organizational policies and improving processes
• Lead day to day operations including human resources, legal compliance, accounting and budgeting.
Compensation Package: Commensurate with experience; details available on request. If you are passionate about community-building and contributing to the future success of Metro Cinema, please submit your cover letter and resume to the Metro Cinema Society via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org (PDF-format please).
Consideration of applications will begin April 7, 2014; however, the competition will remain open until a suitable candidate is found. Metro Cinema thanks all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Read more at http://www.affta.ab.ca/Arts-In-Alberta/Arts-Opportunities/Job-Posting-Metro-Cinema-Society-Executive-Director