Calling all emerging artists: Get paid and generate volunteer hours
Volunteer Wood Buffalo is pleased to announce that the Call to Artists for their 1st Wood Buffalo Timeraiser is now open. They are looking to purchase artwork from local, emerging artists to help inspire participants in Wood Buffalo to donate their time in support of great causes. Artwork will be in part selected by our volunteer jury from the Wood Buffalo Art Community.
The Timeraiser is a silent art acution with a twist. Instead of bidding money, participants bid volunteer time to agencies that need their skills and energy. We buy all artwork at fair market value and auction it off on the night of the Timeraiser. The 1st Wood Buffalo Timeraiser will be held on April 18th 2012. Successful auction bidders have 12 months to complete their volunteer pledge. The piece of artwork is meant to act as a reminder of their goodwill.
To date, the Timeraiser has generated 100,000 volunteer hours and invested $520,000 in the careers of emerging Canadian artists.
Artwork will be displayed in the Miskanaw Ballroom at
on the evening of April 18th, 2012. Art for live auction will be chosen by a non-exhibiting jury. Other pieces of art will be sold by silent auction with bid sheets in place for the duration of the exhibit. Each piece will have a minimum bid price of 1/3 the total value (based on one volunteer hour = $20). MacDonald Island
· All mediums welcome
· Emerging or mid-career Wood Buffalo-area artists will be given preference
· All pieces must be framed and signed (stretched canvas on a frame is acceptable)
· Successful artists will be notified via email in early April
· You set the price of the artwork submitted, up to $1,000
There is no submission fee associated with this call.
Submission deadline is Wednesday, April 4th, 2012 at 11:00 pm
To apply, please submit the following to email@example.com:
· High Resolution digital copy/picture of your submission
· Artists Statement (max 250 words)
· Brief Bio (max 250 words)
· Photo of yourself (not required)
For more information, visit www.volunteerwoodbuffalo.ca or contact;
Erika Hornsey, Executive Director