Deadline: May 18, 2012
The Alberta Printmakers’ Society and Artist Proof Gallery invites all artists incorporating print media techniques within their practice to apply for our 2013 Juried Gallery Program.
The Alberta Printmakers’ Society programs 6 exhibitions per year in the Artist Proof Gallery, located in the Inglewood/Ramsay community of Calgary, Alberta. The gallery programming is determined by a selection committee and is based on the quality of submissions. A/P pays CARFAC fees and one-way shipping for accepted proposals. All accepted artists are also invited to give a public lecture about their work as part of A/P’s Engraving Culture Speaker Series.
The Artist Proof Gallery is an artist-run gallery located adjacent to the Alberta Printmakers’ Society studio. The Gallery Program exhibits innovative, contemporary, print-based art produced by emerging and established artists. The Artist Proof Gallery shows regional, national and international artists working in a range of concepts and techniques. Our goal is to provide opportunities for the artistic and public communities to experience the diversity of print media art as a contemporary and vital artistic medium.
Interested applicants must submit the following:
- Ten numbered & labelled JPEG digital images on disk. MUST be PC and Mac compatible.
- Corresponding digital image list indicating the size, title of work, media and date (PDF or .doc file format, included on CD)
- Artist’s Statement (PDF or .doc file format, included on CD)
- Curriculum Vitae (PDF or .doc file format, included on CD)
- Written exhibition proposal (PDF or .doc file format, included on CD), please refer to attached gallery map
- ·Completed application form, printed hard copy (attached, or download from www.albertaprintmakers.ca)
***Note: Email submissions will not be accepted. Incomplete submissions will not be reviewed. Submissions which do not follow the format described above will not be reviewed. ***
Submissions must be received by the deadline of May 18, 2012. Proposals received after this date will be held and reviewed for the following program year.
Mail submission packages to:
A/P Gallery Committee
P.O Box 6821 Station D
Calgary, Alberta T2P 2E7
Christie Kirchner, Art Centre Director
Phone: (403) 287-1056