As a non‐profit organization the mandate of Events Wood Buffalo is to deliver major events to the communities within the Regional Municipality of Wood Buffalo that reflects the cultural requirements of one of the fastest growing and diverse communities in Canada. We have witnessed unprecedented growth in the organization’s recent history with an estimated 100,000 people attending events in 2011. Past festival and event productions have included acts such as The Bare Naked Ladies, The Tragically Hip, Kiss, George Canyon, Down With Webster and Reba. Our ever‐expanding year round events portfolio currently includes The Three Forts Dog Sled Race, WinterPLAY, Canada Rocks and InterPLAY.
We are looking for an individual that is looking for a challenging position within a fast paced environment who can contribute to the efficient day‐to‐day administrative operations of the organization and support the work of management and other staff in a professional and courteous manner. The successful candidate is required to anticipate, understand, and respond to the needs of the team and to work cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problems, and make decisions to enhance organizational effectiveness. Excellent time management skills, attention to detail and the capacity to schedule and set goals, create and implement action plans are a must.
1) Job title: Festivals and Events Administration Assistant (Full‐time)
Terms: 1‐ year contract (following 3 months probationary period)
Responsible to: Executive Director
Salary: $35‐40k plus benefits
• Answer general phone inquiries in a professional and courteous manner
• Direct phone inquiries to the appropriate staff member
• Reply to general information requests with accurate information
• Greet visitors to the organization in a professional and friendly manner
Office and On‐site administration
• Provide administrative support to management and other staff
• Sort incoming mail, faxes, and deliveries for distribution
• Prepare and send outgoing faxes, mail, and packages
• Assist with distribution and collection of schedules, signage and invoicing
• Forward incoming general e‐mails to the appropriate staff member
• Relay voice mail from the general mailbox to the appropriate staff member
• Data entry and upkeep of the organization's databases, ensuring a high level of accuracy
• Maintain a presentable and tidy office environment
• Running errands and other tasks as and when required
2)Job title: Festivals and Events Manager (full‐time)
Terms: 3‐ year contract (following 3 months probationary period)
Responsible to: Executive Director
Salary: $65‐70k plus benefits
• Organize community groups and stakeholders to determine and execute logistical requirements for the
development and implementation phases of hosting festivals and other major events.
• With the Executive Director , develop content for year‐round festival and event program.
• Supporting strategic business and community relationships with various agencies, clients and associations
including the Regional Municipality Of Wood Buffalo and Fort McMurray Tourism
• Communicate effectively with colleagues, including all relevant marketing detail, business opportunities,
technical requirements and contractual detail, in order that they may fulfil their roles within the process
in a timely manner.
• To adhere to and, where appropriate, develop organizational procedures, including those regarding
Health and Safety responsibilities and customer care.
• Develop and implement sponsorship strategies with the Executive Director and other relevant personal.
• Provide information on critical paths, progress checks, event schedules and identify and make
recommendations when and where resources are required.
• Perform related work as assigned by Executive Director including project management and business
development related activities.
To see the full descriptions for each position please click the following link to be taken to the Events Wood Buffalo website: http://eventswoodbuffalo.com/home/