Alberta Society of Artists is seeking a versatile visual arts administrator / artistic coordinator to manage the ASA Provincial and South Branch Office in Calgary and work together with the TREX curator and the ASA Assistant Artistic Coordinator in the North Branch Office in Edmonton.
The successful applicant should possess a diploma in arts administration from an accredited university or college or equivalent, as well as a history of programming art exhibitions with artist-run organizations or public art institutions. Training as a visual artist is favourable, but not essential. The position requires a person who is self-motivated, energetic, articulate, well organized, resourceful, positive and familiar with computer programs operating on a PC platform. Previous experience working with non-profit organizations and volunteer boards considered an asset.
Responsibilities of the Artistic Coordinator
- Assists in the coordination and management of ASA programs such as education events, workshops, scholarships, lectures and exhibitions – members’ and open shows throughout Alberta. This includes advertising, preparation of graphical and printed promotional materials and/or working with a designer
- Manages the ASA provincial office: Administration, liaison between council and members, answer inquiries from ASA members and the public
- Reports directly to the President of the ASA: Regular communication with President, prepare report to council and other committees
- Assists ASA Provincial Council members and other volunteers on specific projects and duties such as exhibitions, new member and exhibition jurying, programming, volunteer coordinating and fundraising organization
- Attends all Provincial Council Meetings, Branch Meetings and Committee Meetings as required and assists in arranging and preparing meetings
- Completes grant applications from governmental agencies and assists in seeking out new funding sources and assists with fundraising activities, such as the casino coordination
- Assists in communication with government, art organizations, galleries and institutions in Alberta and beyond
- Works with the ASA Treasurer and the ASA Bookkeeper in the preparation of budgets, reports and financial documents
- Works with the ASA Bookkeeper on day to day financial transactions involving invoices, payment cheques and reimbursement forms
- Works with ASA TREX manager / curator, assists with all TREX administration and reports to the ASA Provincial Council members on ASA TREX
- Works with Assistant Artistic Coordinator and oversees the assistant's work on selected ASA programs and projects
Please email your resume to Alberta Society of Artists at firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to the Alberta Society of Artists, PO Box 31085, 112 – 4 Street NE, Calgary, AB, T2E 9A3 by January 15, 2012.