Thursday 21 April 2011

I'm All Shook Up: Media Call Experience













As the holiday approaches I thought I was excited about having a few days off but now I am shook up about seeing Ft Services and Keyano Theatre Companies All Shook Up. I was invited to the media call last night and as this was my first one and I was a little unsure of what to expect.

All Shook Up premiered on Broadway in 2005 and has been well received at theaters across North America. I can see why because last night's performance of Jailhouse Rock got me very excited. It brings me back to my childhood and hearing Elvis on my Dad's Reel to Reel. It provided me with a great preview of what is to come. They took a local spin on the musical setting it in a sleepy little town called Fort McMurray in the time of swiveling hips and blue suede shoes. A time where dancing and kissing in public was frowned upon especially by the mayor. A time where the population was just over 1000, imagine that!

The costuming and set was amazing. The performers came together in a magical way that kept you wanting more. I asked the lead, Jeff Hoffman (Chad) in All Shook Up about the cast dynamic and how was it to working with such a diverse group of performers and this is what he had to say. " There is a wealth of different talents in different fields. It has been a challenge for all of us and it has been an absolute gift to be working with such talented individuals as we have been. It has come together beautifully." Jeff and the entire cast are very excited to be performing in front of a live audience. I am very excited to see the entire performance and will be updating next week when I have experienced it all.

Celebrate your holiday weekend by going to see All Shook Up. Your toes will be tapping and you will leave feeling nostalgic and energized by the cast's enthusiasm and talent.

Opening Night April 22 - Champagne Reception
April 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 27, 28, 29 & 30
Show time: 8pm
Matinee April 24 & 30 at 2pm
Rating: General

For more information phone the Keyano Box Office 780-791-4990

No comments:

Post a Comment