Fort Calgary is the symbolic heart and hub of the community. From its majestic and sweeping vantage point, Fort Calgary represents the actual genesis of the city that surrounds it today.
For those who cherish the significance of authenticity and the relevance of roots, "The Fort" is the enduring opportunity to understand, touch and experience the birthplace of Calgary's character, spirit and deeply enshrined values. Our Mission is to create a place where people and history intersect to rebuild Fort Calgary as the centre of Calgary.
The MAKE HISTORY Campaign - Opportunities are now before us to enhance Fort Calgary’s presence in East Village and to showcase an important piece of Canada’s history. The Campaign will provide a means to reimagine, restore and celebrate the importance of this site to past generations and generations to come.
Are you self-motivated in working with donors, Campaign Co-Chairs and volunteers? Are you excited about building and enhancing new relationships that can help sustain a National Historic Site. If you are motivated by the values of the project, have a deep belief in our shared community roots and are passionate about the history of our City – this may be the opportunity for you.
Fort Calgary is currently seeking a results oriented Campaign Officer with experience in fundraising and stakeholder engagement, who can lead the MAKE HISTORY Campaign and help expand a beloved attraction here in Calgary. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 5 years of progressive fund development experience, along with a proven fundraising track record.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES DURING THE CAMPAIGN:
Campaign Leadership (80% of the position):
• Achieve Campaign fundraising goals
• Support Campaign Cabinet and volunteers
• Work directly with prospective donors and sponsors
• Research and prioritize prospects for potential donations
• Manage campaign correspondence, report on campaign outcomes, provide reports to donors as required
• Understand and use donor database to analyze and manage donor data including stewardship and communication
• Work with communication staff to maintain campaign updates on website, newsletters, etc.
• Coordinate, plan and participate in special events related to the Campaign
Fund Development Operations (20% of the position):
• Develop ongoing funding raising targets and subsequent fund raising strategies annually to support the mission and direction of Fort Calgary
• Manage annual, corporate, foundation, major and planned giving programs, including the preparation of grant applications, proposals, etc.
• Collaborate with the President & CEO and Board of Directors to create policies and procedures for the fund development program, in accordance with ethical fundraising principles
• Guide the development of philanthropic culture across Fort Calgary
Post-campaign, this position will transition into being 80% operational fund development operations and 20% ongoing capital fundraising.
• 5+ years of experience in fundraising and corporate/philanthropic fund development
• Proven track record of successful donor cultivation, solicitation and stewardship
• Post-secondary education in a relevant area
• Member of the Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP).
• Self-motivated, risk-taker with ability to make key decisions independently
• Exceptional interpersonal skills and proven ability to develop and maintain solid relationships with corporate partners, individual donors, volunteer boards, committees, peers and support staff
• Ability to effectively articulate mission, Campaign vision and values of Fort Calgary to a wide range of constituents
• Highly organized and have the ability to manage multiple projects at once
• Familiarity with current communication and marketing trends and use of social media
• Excellent written communication skills with proven ability to create proposals, grant submissions, case statements, etc.
• Intermediate to advanced computer skills in all Microsoft Office programs (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.).
• Intermediate knowledge of Past Perfect software or experience with a similar data base management system
This is a full-time position, 35 hours a week with evening and occasional weekend availability required. Must be available to work on Canada Day. This position will report directly to the President & CEO.
Fort Calgary offers a competitive salary, benefits package, free parking and flexible work hours. For more information about Fort Calgary and the MAKE HISTORY Campaign, please visit www.fortcalgary.com
Please submit resume, cover letter and salary expectations by July 7, 2014 via email to:
Sara Jane Gruetzner
President & CEO
For additional questions regarding the Director of Development position, please contact Scott Decksheimer at 403-210-0095 or email@example.com