Reporting to the General Manager of Community and Protective Services, the Director of Cultural Services is the champion of the Arts, Culture and Heritage for the City of Spruce Grove.
- Leadership, direction and overall supervision of programs, budgets, facilities, special projects, cultural events, staffing and long-term vision and cultural planning for the City of Spruce Grove.
- Initiating partnerships and work cooperatively with stakeholders to realize arts programs and services for the community.
- Strategic decisions that focus on developing the community's understanding and appreciation of the arts , including the performing arts, the visual arts, literary arts, arts industries, arts in education, multiculturalism, and heritage.
- A Bachelors degree in Arts Administration, Public Administration, Cultural Management or related fields is the minimum level of education required. A Masters degree in Arts Administration, Cultural Management, or Business Administration is preferred.
- Over 7 years experience in the arts and cultural industries at a supervisory level.
- Experience in a municipal government setting with demonstrated increasing responsibilities.
- Demonstrated ability and experience with boards, committees, societies and volunteers.
Read more at http://www.affta.ab.ca/Arts-In-Alberta/Arts-Opportunities/City-of-Spruce-Grove-hiring-Director-of-Cultural-Services