Program & Administrative Assistant for the Edmonton Heritage Council
1. Position Purpose
The Edmonton Heritage Council is an organizer, catalyst and advocate for Edmonton’s heritage and history, animating conversations and sparking action toward a more confident, lively and attractive city.
Reporting to the Program & Operations Manager, the Program & Administrative Assistant supports EHC Program Coordinators (Heritage Grants/Network and City Museum development) and occasionally to other EHC staff, as directed. The primary responsibility is to assist in the efficient day-to-day operations of EHC’s programs in an efficient and well-organized way. This position requires occasional evening and weekend work. The Heritage Council’s work culture is highly collaborative and based on frequent discussion and staff input.
2. Key Responsibilities and Duties
Program Support—Edmonton Museums Strategy (approx. 35% of workload):
- Assisting with logistics, tours and events related to the Edmonton City as Museum Project (ECAMP)
- Plan logistics of meetings, consultations, facilitated sessions, workshops and socials for ECAMP and EHN, in partnership with EHC staff.
- Recording notes at all of the above events, as required
- Manage electronic and paper files for all related initiatives
- Assisting with the administration and content management for the Edmonton City as Museum Project website and related social media
- Assisting with the administration and content management for the Edmonton Heritage Network website
Heritage Grants (approx. 35% of workload):
- Assist in the planning and implementation of grants workshops
- Process and manage grant applications
- Organize logistics of Juries (room booking, catering, managing and sending out Jury packages)
- Take minutes during Juries
- Participate in an internal administrative review of program and jury process
Administration (30% of workload):
Assists other EHC Staff:
- Maintain membership database
- Assist with events planning, including AGM, general member mixers, receptions, etc.
- Oversee catering, room bookings, invitations/notices as required
- Support the maintenance of all office supplies, equipment and technology
- Provide support to Board of Directors meetings via the Executive Director
- Financial administration related to EHC bank accounts and donations
- Post secondary degree in Business Administration/Management, Heritage and Culture Management or related field
- Three years experience in a professional administrative role
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Flexibility in addressing challenges through nimble responses
- Able to work effectively within a team as well as independently
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and deadlines, creative problem-solving skills
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office (OS X)
- An appreciation of Edmonton’s heritage is an asset
4. Physical requirements
There are minimal physical requirements such as setting up table and chairs for meetings, moving boxes of meeting-related items in and out of vehicles, and traveling off-site to other locations whose facilities may be basic.
5. Employment Term
Two-year term with possibility of extension.
Please submit a cover letter and resume by email in a single PDF document to:
David Ridley, Executive Director, Edmonton Heritage Council
Submissions will be reviewed starting Thursday, July 31st, 2014. A full job description and more information are available by email only. For more information about EHC and its work, visit http://www.edmontonheritage.ca/
The Edmonton Heritage Council thanks all applicants for their interest. Only candidates considered for interviews for this position will be contacted.