The Alberta Choral Federation is currently seeking a casual part-time (25 hours per month) Fund Development Officer.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Fund Development Officer is responsible for developing and furthering the ACF’s relationships with existing donors/funders, prospective donors/funders, and the community at large. The FDO will support all ACF initiatives and will play a vital role in achieving the strategic objectives of the organization.
- management of the Fund Development Committee
- working with the FDC and Board of Directors in identifying prospective donors/funders
- developing and refining strategies for achieving the ACF’s funding targets
- meeting with and making presentations to prospective funders/donors
- working with existing funders/donors to ensure continuity of support
- coordinating funder/donor communications involvement in planning and organization of fund development initiatives maintaining funder/donor records assisting with policy development pertaining to funders/donors and fund development
The successful applicant will have a passion for choral music and the arts, and will be a strong team player with a positive attitude. Other job requirements include:
- strong organizational skills
- excellent verbal and written communication skills
- exceptional computer skills, including proficiency with Microsoft Office (experience with QuickBooks and Adobe Creative Suite an asset)
- the ability to prioritize tasks, multitask, and budget time appropriately advocating for the ACF and its programs and services
In addition to working at the ACF’s Edmonton office, the successful candidate will be required to be on site for some ACF programs and for all ACF events that include a fund development component.
Remuneration will be determined based on skills and experience.
To apply, please forward a resume which includes 3 references (reference letters not required) and cover letter to Brendan Lord, Executive Director, at email@example.com.
Application deadline: Monday, 21 July 2014
The Alberta Choral Federation is Canada’s largest Provincial Choral Organization with approximately 500 members of a program roster of approximately 20 component programs annually. For more information about the organization and what we offer, please visit our website at www.albertachoralfederation.ca.
Read more at http://www.affta.ab.ca/Arts-In-Alberta/Arts-Opportunities/Alberta-Choral-Federation-Hiring-Fund-Development-Officer