Arts Council Wood Buffalo is a non-profit society that advocates and supports the Arts in the Regional Municipality of Wood Buffalo. Fort McMurray is the 3rd largest city in Alberta, nestled in the Boreal Forest with a rich local history that can also boast of being home to many residents from all over the world. Arts Council Wood Buffalo was formed in 2012 and requires an enthusiastic, innovative and experienced individual to assume the leadership position of Executive Director. This is a full-time position commencing as soon as a suitable candidate is found.
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Executive Director is responsible for:
• Initiating and executing a business plan and major goals and objectives for ACWB to be determined through policy and service agreements with the Regional Municipality of Wood Buffalo.
• Representing the business of the organization to the arts community, Regional Municipality of Wood Buffalo, regulatory bodies, other agencies, community and civic organizations, donors, funders and supporters, and the general public.
• Actively advocates for the arts community and arts organizations with external stakeholders, raising awareness and fostering growth of Arts and Culture in the RMWB
•The Executive Director is the key driver for the fund raising goals of the ACWB through but not limited to grant procurement, capital campaigns, individual donor development, planned giving, corporate sponsorship and special events.
• Minimum of a post-secondary degree in arts, business, marketing or related field
• Minimum 3 or more years of senior management, preferably in the culture sector
• Experience with Financial, Project and Human Resource Management
• Experience in community arts advocacy and government relations
• Experience in working under the direction of a Governance Board
• Excellent interpersonal relationship skills, communication skills both written and oral
• Great planning and implementation, fund raising and result oriented
$104,000 - $137, 000 based on experience and credentials.
To submit your resume, please e-mail email@example.com or visit http://www.artscouncilwb.ca for more information.