The MacDonald Island Community Art Gallery presented by Kirschner Family Corporation will be hosting a group exhibit for the month of February 2013 with the title, About Sports This group exhibit will feature two dimensional artworks that explore the theme of Sports in any interpretation or conceptual connection.
There is no exhibition fee for the About Sport exhibit. All two dimensional mediums, sizes and styles are welcomed.
ARTWORK SUBMISSION GUIDELINES AND CRITERIA
The applications must be received electronically by January 23, 2013 send to firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Applicants must send a short bio (max 100 words)
2. All pieces must be original, not copies or prints are allow
3. All artwork must be dry and ready to hang (wire setting 1/3 from the top of the artwork).
4. All pieces must be framed and signed (stretched canvas on a frame is acceptable if it have finished edges).
5. High Resolution digital copy/picture of your submission
6. Your name as you would like it to appear in the label
7. The title of your work
8. The medium of your work (oil, watercolour, collage, acrylic, mixed media, printmaking, digital media, photography, etc.)
9. The dimensions of your work (in inches)
January 24, 2013 - Artists will be notified by e-mail of selection to exhibit.
1. It is the artists’ choice to list a piece of artwork for sale, or not. The price and all arrangements for the sale must be managed by the artist.
2. Artists are responsible for making arrangements to drop-off and pick-up their artwork at the designated times and place. Because the gallery has no storage space, artwork cannot be stored.
3. Any artwork not claimed by the artist by the designated time, or alternate time arranged in advance with the MacDonald Island Community Art Gallery, will be deemed donated to our annual charity sale – with all proceeds going to a designated charity or non-profit organization.
SECURITY AND LIABILITY
Basis security measures are in place (periodic patrols by guards, security cameras, safety hooks), but exhibits will NOT be supervised at all times. The gallery is located in a public facility and is a designated fire escape route. The gallery is equipped with sprinklers. All possible care will be taken to keep artwork in the same condition as it was when delivered to the gallery, but neither MacDonald Island Park nor MacDonald Island Community Art Gallery can guarantee this and cannot accept liability for loss or damage to artwork. Each artist will be required to sign a waiver in order to exhibit their work in the gallery. Each artist is responsible for securing INSURANCE for their artwork.