What is LTTA?
Learning Through the Arts is an arts education program that infuses art into curriculum. We train artists to become artist-educators: artists who can partner with teachers in the classroom to teach Language Arts, Science, Social Studies or Math. A division of the Royal Conservatory of Music in
, we've been in existence for 17 years. Toronto
- We believe that artists, through their artform, can change the way school happens. Our goal is to engage and empower the youth in
's schools. Fort McMurray
- We work with sculptors, dancers, painters, writers, drama/theater artists, jewelry designers, First Nations cultural artists, musicians, singers, filmmakers, and photographers, hip hop dancers, dj specialists, and more!
WHAT CAN YOU EXPECT?
- We provide FREE training in
for any artists who are interested in working in the classroom. Fort McMurray
- Any time you spend in a classroom with us is paid work- from observing to working in partnership with a teacher.
- We have an extensive mentorship program and we do our very best to help all artist-educators experience success.
- We're working with every school in the
and many of the Fort McMurray Public schools. Fort McMurray Catholic School District
- We can provide part-time to full-time work for artists in schools.
We welcome you to come find out about the community that we've been developing! We have a group of local artist-educators, First Nations Elders and Youth Mentors and mentor artists from
Alberta and the rest of the country all working together to make LTTA a success story. Fort McMurray