Visual Arts Alberta – CARFAC accepts submissions from Alberta artists or artists with clear ties to the Alberta community. Artist groups and individuals are encouraged to apply as well as curators with specific exhibition proposals. Submissions from all regions of Alberta are welcome as well as submissions from under represented voices in Alberta.
Visual Arts Alberta Gallery is a program of Visual Arts Alberta – CARFAC. As an organization, Visual Arts Alberta – CARFAC does not receive public funding to program a gallery, so the gallery operates as a program of Visual Arts Alberta – CARFAC. Art work in featured in the gallery can be for sale (we charge a 10% administration fee when sales are handled through the gallery or artists can elect to sell their artwork privately and forgo this administration fee). Currently we pay artist fees ($1800 for the two room gallery divided by the exhibiting artists) for exhibitions and pay return shipment of artwork by an economical freight company. CARFAC artist fees will be increasing by 3% effective January 2015.
Currently, we are accepting submissions for late 2015-2016 programming. Exhibitions will be seven weeks in length and open on the first Thursdays of February, April, June, August, October and December each year. The deadline for submissions is: 4:00 pm on Friday, October 10, 2014. (Email submissions are not accepted for this annual jury submission).
Submission requirements (images must be burned to cd / dvd or memory stick / USB stick; other documents should be digital as well and saved as PDF or Word documents):
- Artist’s Curriculum Vitae -with full contact information and website if applicable (no more than three pages in length)
- 15-20 images of current work in -a digital format (Digital images must be jpegs, 72dpi or higher. Maximum image size: 1024 pixels on longest side. Title each image with last name of artist and number of image – eg. Smith01, Smith02 etc.)
- -OR If you are working with a medium that would benefit from submission in an alternate format, please contact us to discuss your proposal.
- Description of proposed exhibition including title (no more than two pages)
- Listing of artworks: (title, date, dimensions, medium)
- Artist Statement (no more than one page)
- SASE, if materials are to be returned.
Please send your submission to or drop off submission at: Gallery Submissions Visual Arts Alberta – CARFAC 3rd Floor, 10215-112 St. Edmonton, AB T5K 1M7
Read more at http://www.affta.ab.ca/Arts-In-Alberta/Arts-Opportunities/Visual-Arts-Alberta--CARFAC-Call-for-Submissions