Where do I belong? How do I belong? Why do I belong?
When do I belong? Who do I belong to?
For former Governor General Adrienne Clarkson, the question of belonging is at the heart of her 2014 Massey Lectures. Whether you are a new Canadian or a new high school student—no matter who you are, you have a story to tell.
Share your personal story about belonging for a chance to win one of two $1,000 prizes from the Canada Council for the Arts (two age categories: 12-18, and 19 and over). Write from the heart about a moment or journey that made you feel like you belonged—or like you didn’t.
- True stories only (no fiction)
- Word count: 400-500 words (not including title)
- One submission per person
- Challenge closes November 3, 2014
- Read the complete rules and regulations