Friday, 8 August 2014
Directory of Contemporary Calgary Art Gallery
The Opportunity: Director, Contemporary Calgary
We have a mission to build a global city of choice by engaging Calgary in the art of our times. We stand on the shoulders of our three founding organizations and all of the builders that contributed over the last 30 years. We come together to fulfill our collective dream. We are a community of both power and potential. And we are a movement to transform the Centennial Planetarium into a landmark art gallery that will showcase modern and contemporary art from around the world.
We are a movement that needs a leader.
We are seeking a Director of Contemporary Calgary who is an inspiring and proven arts leader motivated by our organization’s defining vision and also by the opportunity to work with a passionate and engaged Board of Directors.
Leadership in the development and implementation of Contemporary Calgary’s Vision
• Represent Contemporary Calgary to the public
• Build and nurture relationships with our audience, our community, our partners, our funders, and all stakeholders
Deliver best-in-class experience
• Create a best-in-class experience for Calgarians and visitors to Calgary anchored in the art of our times
• Focus on audience and membership development to build our community and destination role in Calgary
• Organize our exhibitions and education programming while maintaining our standards of curatorial excellence
Lead through our values
• Lead through our values of programming and curatorial excellence, community engagement, sustainable operations, and life-long learning
Manage and lead day to day operations of Contemporary Calgary
• Build a staff to deliver programming and operational excellence
• Manage financial and operational affairs of Contemporary Calgary to ensure operating surpluses, sound financial management and an effective work environment
Key Shared Accountabilities
Vision and Strategy: Work with our Board of Directors to build and design the vision and strategy of Contemporary Calgary
Plans and Policies: Implement the plans and policies of the Board of Directors throughout the day to day operations of Contemporary Calgary
Fundraising: Support the Board of Directors and volunteer committees in raising funds for both operating and capital objectives
Key Leadership Behaviors
Strategic vision, advocacy, operational excellence, active staff engagement, and relationship-management with all stakeholders,
Apply to: Natasha Pashak,
Chair Human Resources, Governance and Nominating Committee
c/o Contemporary Calgary
117 8th avenue SW
Calgary, Alberta T2P 1B4
All responses are kept confidential.