As part of the Provincial Archives of Alberta’s aim to help Albertans preserve their documentary heritage, the Archives Store and Client Services (ASCS) provides conservation services to public clients on a cost-recovery basis. Projects may include privately-owned collections or those held by other institutions. The Archives Store and Client Services seeks individuals to provide conservation treatment and preventive collections care on a contract basis at the Provincial Archives of Alberta (PAA) in Edmonton.
This position reports to the Business Manager, ASCS, and works in collaboration with the other contract ASCS Conservator as well as staff of the Provincial Archives to provide high-quality conservation services. The responsibilities of the position include:
• Providing condition assessments and treatment proposals for client approval;
• Providing accurate cost estimates for completion of treatment recommendations;
• Completing conservation treatments according to the ethics of CAC/CAPC (2000);
• Completing photographic and narrative documentation of treatments;
• Preparing completed projects for pick-up or delivery;
• Maintaining appropriate workspace cleanliness and organization;
• Tracking supply inventory for the conservation service.
All work is project-based, at an hourly rate of $27.50, with tools and materials supplied by the ASCS. Condition assessments and completion of treatment-related duties are included in each project estimate.
Closing date: 21 February 2014
To apply, please submit a CV and letter of interest to:
Business Manager, Archives Store and Client Services, Provincial Archives of Alberta