Friday 5 July 2013

Artist in Residency - Meet an Artist

Nicola Tibbetts - Anzac Studio
Wood Buffalo Artist in Residency 2013

I was born in Pine Falls Manitoba but soon moved to the woods of Ontario and then Vancouver Island. In 2008 I received a BFA from Concordia University in Montreal and then went on to complete an MFA at the Nova Scotia College of Art and Design University in 2010. Currently I’m living in Vancouver where I teach painting and drawing part-time at Capilano University. I have an active painting and drawing practice in my home where I cultivate a large vegetable garden and keep chickens too.

Studio Location: Multipurpose Room - Anzac Community hall

Nicola will be giving an Artist Talk on Wednesday August 14th, 2013 at 6:30pm in the Athabasca Room outside of the MacDonald Island Community Art Gallery (second floor), within the the Suncor Leisure Centre on MacDonald Island Park.





No comments:

Post a Comment