Community Futures Wood Buffalo together with Canada Revenue Agency will be offering a Charities Information Session to all registered charities in the Regional Municipality of Wood Buffalo. This session is an excellent opportunity for your treasurer, new board members, staff members, or volunteers to learn about your charity’s legal obligations.
The followed topics will be presented:
· Gifting and receipting
· Gifting to other organizations
· Maintaining direction and control of resources
· Keeping books and records
· Filing the Registered Charity Information Return (T3010)
· Revised fundraising guidance
· Alberta Provincial Presentation
Canada Revenue Agency does not charge for this information session. However, organizations who host the events are allowed to charge a fee to cover the cost of hosting. Community Futures Wood Buffalo will charge of $20.00 which includes continental breakfast and coffee break. Space for the event has been contributed by Golden Years Society.
Register through Eventbrite: http://www.eventbrite.com/event/4410162916/es2?rank=3