Open Call for original: 2D and 3D artworks
Fourth Edition of the Wood Buffalo Timeraiser
Calling all emerging artists: Get paid and generate volunteer hours!
FORT MCMURRAY, ALBERTA- We are thrilled to announce that the Call to Artists for the fourth edition of the Wood Buffalo Timeraiser is now open. We are looking to purchase artwork from local, emerging artists to help inspire participants in Wood Buffalo to donate their time in support of great causes. Artwork will be chosen by a selection committee from the Wood Buffalo Art Community.
There is no submission fee associated with this call.
SUBMISSION DEADLINE: Thursday, February 26, 2015 at 4:30 p.m.
To apply, please submit the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
· High Resolution digital copy/picture of your submission
· All pieces must be original, no copies or prints are allowed
· Artists Statement (max 250 words)
· Brief Bio (max 250 words)
· Photo of yourself (optional)
· Price of each submitted piece (max. 5 pieces per artists)
· Title and dimension (inches) of each artwork
· Medium (e.g. acrylic on canvas)
Note: Pieces selected in previous years, may not be submitted again
What is the Wood Buffalo Timeraiser?
The Timeraiser is a silent art auction with a twist. Instead of bidding money, participants bid volunteer time to agencies that need their skills and energy. We purchase all artwork locally at fair market value and auction it off on the night of the event. The Wood Buffalo Timeraiser will be held on April 16th, 2015. Successful auction bidders have 12 months to complete their volunteer pledge to organizations in the Wood Buffalo Region.
Last year 40 pieces of art were purchased for the Timeraiser. The artwork purchased put approximately $20,000 into the Wood Buffalo Art community. The combined 40 pieces raised over 3,800 volunteer hours in the Wood Buffalo region.
· Must be a resident of the Wood Buffalo Area
· Emerging or mid-career artists will be given preference
· Artist sets the price of the artwork submitted, up to $1,500
· Successful artists will be notified via email by March 10, 2015
· Delivery date for the selected art pieces will be determined and announced in the new year; all successful artists will be contacted with dates and times for drop-off
· All artwork must be dry and ready to hang (wire setting 1/3 from the top of the artwork)
· All pieces must be framed and signed (stretched canvas on a frame is acceptable if it has finished edges)
· Exhibition of the artwork will commence mid-March and will end the evening of the Wood Buffalo Timeraiser- April 16, 2015.
For more information, visit www.fusesocial.ca and please circulate this notice to your friends and colleagues in the art community.
FuseSocial is the Volunteer Centre for Wood Buffalo. Our service to community is focused on supporting local social profit organizations in fulfilling their missions. Through our work, we seek to provide leadership, advocacy and support to the social profit sector through the promotion of volunteerism, professional development, and research and knowledge exchange.
Analyst, Volunteer Resource Management