Monday, 15 September 2014
Temporary Internship Opportunity with Mann Art Gallery
We are looking for an energetic individual to assist in creating advances in the dissemination of curatorial theory and further knowledge of Canadian Contemporary and Historic Art in the North Central Saskatchewan region. This includes an introduction to the day-to-day responsibilities of a Curator including the organization of exhibitions from research, writing, selection of works, arranging for loans, supervising catalogue production, and designing and completing the installation of exhibits to preparing publicity and curatorial packages for exhibitions and other Gallery events and programs. The Assistant Curator will also play a key role in the acquisition, storage, and exhibition of works of art / collections and will work closely with the Director / Curator in all aspects of the position's duties and responsibilities.
The position begins on October 22nd, 2014 (some flexibility) and will end on March 29th, 2015. Our work week typically runs Tuesday - Saturday. Specific hours are negotiable, but it is a 35 hour week. Evening and weekend work will occasionally be required.
As this program is an extension of the Young Canada Works program, potential candidates must adhere to the following guidelines:
• Between 15 and 30 years of age (inclusive)
• A post-secondary graduate not currently enrolled in classes. Concentration in Curatorial Studies, Fine Arts, or relevant equivalent.
• A Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person who has been granted refugee status in Canada
• Legally entitled to work according to the provincial legislation and regulations
• Not in receipt of Employment Insurance (EI) benefits
• Never have participated in a Career Focus program