Tuesday, 14 January 2014
Collections Technician Wanted at Museum of the Highwood, High River
The Museum of the Highwood is a western heritage museum located in the former CPR station
in downtown High River in the foothills of the Rocky Mountains - 45 minutes south of Calgary,
Alberta. In June 2013, the museum collection suffered varying degrees of loss and damage
due to a major flood.
A six month contract position is currently available for an individual to assist in the cleaning,
repair and re-housing of damaged artifacts and archival materials. This is an excellent, unique
opportunity to learn and practice practical skills and techniques under the direction of experienced
• experience working directly with artifacts and archival materials
• related degree or diploma from an accredited institution
• knowledge of conservation techniques as well as care and handling procedures
• proficiency in Past Perfect database an asset
• super organized, flexible, patient and able to work independently if necessary
• ability to efficiently undertake physical tasks, with some heavy lifting.
• familiarity with the Alberta Museum Associations’ Standard Practices Handbook –
• knowledge of Canadian Conservation code of ethics and practices.
Hours of work:
30 hours per week for a six month term.
Calgary and High River. The candidate must be willing to relocate and should have his/
her own transportation if possible. Must have a valid driver’s license.
Starting date: Immediately.
Closing date for applications: January 16, 2014.
Please e-mail applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for your interest in this position.
Only those candidates invited for an interview will be contacted