Wednesday 2 January 2013

Write for a better world - National writing contest



Deadline April 5, 2013

Do you have a young writer in your life in grades 5 to 8? World Literacy Canada and best-selling author Eric Walters are teaming up to bring you Write for a Better World: a national bilingual writing contest aiming to inspire global citizenship in Canada's youth.
Complete the following paragraph and continue writing for another 400 words:

"I felt like I had been shot out of a cannon. Who were these people? Where in the world was I? Before I could get my bearings I was almost run over by..."

Write about a place and culture that is new to you. What is different about it and what is surprisingly the same? First Place wins $500 & an eReader! Nine runners-up will receive $50, plus the top ten will receive: A full set of
Seven: The Series, signed by Eric Walters; a world map & atlas; and World Literacy Canada swag. All winners will become Published Authors in a collectible magazine and online. All participating teachers and schools will be gratefully acknowledged.

Visit the website
HERE for full contest details, entry form, a teacher resource and more.

No comments:

Post a Comment