The Alberta Foundation for the Arts (AFA) has supported a provincial travelling exhibition program since 1981.The mandate of the AFA Travelling Exhibition Program is to provide every Albertan with the opportunity to enjoy visual art exhibitions in their community.
Three regional galleries and one arts organization coordinate the program for the AFA:
· Northwest Alberta: The Prairie Art Gallery
· Northeast and North Central Alberta: The
Art Gallery of
· Southwest Alberta: The Alberta Society of Artists
Southeast Alberta: Esplanade Arts & Heritage Centre
New TREX Exhibitions for 2011/2012 from the AGA:
· Abstract Thinking (an examination of abstraction in the visual arts through artworks created by five contemporary
· Culture Crates (investigations in museum architecture and art styles over the past one hundred years with a focus on the Art Gallery of Alberta,
the Esplanade Arts and Heritage Centre, Medicine Hat;
and The Prairie Art Gallery/Montrose Cultural Centre, ) Grande Prairie
· Wild Thing! (artworks examining expressions of wild animals with works from the collection of the Alberta Foundation for the Arts)
The TREX exhibition ’Our wilderness is wisdom…’ begins traveling Region 2 in January of 2012.
This exhibition, curated by artist and educator Heather Shillinglaw, examines First Nations artists’ relationship to the land and stories of the past, present and future. This exhibition was made possible through the generous sponsorship of Syncrude
For more information about TREX, please visit: http://www.youraga.ca/exhibitions/trex/