Friday 2 December 2016

2016 Santa Claus Parade and Lights of Christmas




Holiday anticipation!!  In my years of experience being on the Santa Claus Parade and Lights of Christmas planning team, I’ve never seen/felt as much excitement as I do for this event.  This may be the most excited I’ve ever been for a parade.  It’s the biggest one yet!  Growing up in a tiny Acadian fishing village in Cape Breton, we had to drive three hours to Halifax if we wanted to see a holiday parade.  For me, this is a BIG DEAL.

Fort McMurray really does do it Texas style.  Bigger, better, brighter.  People are going to be blown away by the light show we have planned for Jubilee Plaza.

One of my favorite things about being on the event team is seeing the photos and posts from spectators and participants after the event.  No doubt, I’ll spend the rest of my evening trolling Facebook and Instagram crying over the happiness of the children on the parade route as they anticipate the ‘big guy’ at the end of the parade.  This event screams ‘Canadian’ to me.  People braving the elements and bundling their babies up because they couldn’t dream of missing out on the action.  I’m so proud to be a part of this.  It truly is the beginning of the holiday season.

See you all there!




No comments:

Post a Comment