The Multicultural Association of Wood Buffalo is looking for local cultural groups to get involved in their annual Multicultural EXPO in February 2016. This is your chance to show the community glimpses of the beauty and magic of your culture and a chance to showcase all that is unique and special about your home country.
About the Multicultural Expo: The Multicultural EXPO-2016 hopes to bring together all diverse cultural groups in the Regional Municipality of Wood Buffalo. Last year they had over 26 cultures represented and around 2600 attendees at the event. The EXPO features traditions, customs, artifacts, dress, food, and dances from all over the world. The event not only brings the Wood Buffalo community together but aims to break down barriers between cultural groups and enhance cross-cultural awareness, understanding, and appreciation.
What you can do at the Multicultural EXPO:
- Sell cultural dishes for all to enjoy (Apply for Temporary Food Vendor Permit)
- Sell handicrafts inspired by your culture (Apply for Daily Licence)
- Educate the public about different aspects of your culture (ie. traditions, festivals, beliefs, customs, dress, artifacts, dances, etc.)
- Reach out to newcomers
- Spread the word about your cultural group or organization
An ambassador for each cultural group will serve as the sole representative for their cultural group liaising between their group and the Multicultural Association.
- Serve as the liaison between the cultural group and the Multicultural Association
- Attend committee meetings prior to the EXPO (about 3 short meetings will be scheduled)
- Keep the Multicultural Association updated on the progress and any changes within the group
- Organize the booth for your cultural group to be displayed at the EXPO (find people to provide artifacts, traditional costumes, and info)
- Get commitment from the group for organizing a food stall or handicraft stall
- To apply to be an Ambassador and book your booths or for more details please email the Multicultural Association at email@example.com or call 780-791-5186.
IMPORTANT DATES AND NOTES:
- November 30, 2015 - Information Session at the MCA Board Room at 6:00pm
- December 11, 2015 - All Applications must be submitted before the end of the day
- Application for the Temporary Food Vendor Permit must be filled out and sent to firstname.lastname@example.org before end of December 11, 2015
- Application for Daily Market License must be submitted to:
Mailing Address: 9909 Franklin Avenue, Fort McMurray AB T9H 2K4
Business Licensing Office Location: 309 Powder Drive, Fort McMurray AB
T 780-799-8695 F 780-743-7874
- A copy of the Daily Market License Application must be sent to email@example.com before end of December 11, 2015
The Multicultural Association is looking forward to working with you to make this year’s Multicultural EXPO a huge success!