FRIENDS OF ROYAL ALBERTA MUSEUM HIRING BUSINESS MANAGER
The Friends of Royal Alberta Museum Society (FRAMS) is a registered charity and not-for-profit organization that supports and promotes the Royal Alberta Museum, Alberta’s provincial museum and one of Canada’s leading museums. FRAMS assists the Royal Alberta Museum with the collection, preservation and interpretation of the rich cultural and natural history heritage of Alberta. FRAMS also serves as a vital link between the community and the museum.
FRAMS is a registered charity and not-for-profit organization comprised of a volunteer board of directors and general members. FRAMS was established in 1982 by citizens dedicated to maintaining and encouraging a high level of public support for the Royal Alberta Museum. FRAMS is involved in fundraising and friend-raising, public and school programs, maintaining artifacts and expanding collections in support of the museum.
The FRAMS Business Manager is the primary employee of FRAMS and plays a key role in ensuring the day-to-day efficient administration of FRAMS. The position is offered as a contract, with a defined description of responsibilities. Flexible full-time hours are offered, with some evening and weekend work required.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
1. Financial Administration including: Complete payables and receivables Complete GST Reports Manage investments as per the board’s direction Provide quarterly financial statements to the board for its review Complete monthly bank reconciliations Complete bank deposits Maintain project/fund accounting Support the annual audit process, in conjunction with the board treasurer and the board- appointed auditor, to ensure completion prior to the Annual General Meeting (AGM) in June
2. Human Resources (HR) Administration for contract museum employees including: Complete payroll - including Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) remittances, T4s and T4 Summary, ROEs, timesheets - and maintain standardized personnel files Develop and administer employment contracts Liaise with Royal Alberta Museum (RAM) staff as required
3. Project Administration and Operational Support including: Research, prepare, and submit grant applications Prepare financial reports to granting agencies as required Prepare and submit reimbursement reports to granting agencies and Government of Alberta Manage casinos and other special events in conjunction with the board Maintain strong working relationships with staff at RAM and enlist their support for accomplishing projects and programs
4. Office Administration including: Assist in producing quarterly Friends’ Notes newsletter (hard copy and electronic) and complete mail-outs Prepare spreadsheets, brochures, invitations, forms, and procedure statements as required Keep membership and donor database current and secure Track membership and donor numbers and report quarterly to board; provide comparisons to previous quarter and previous year to date Ensure that membership program and benefits meet the board’s policy guidelines and reflect the board’s priorities Prepare and submit T3010 and Charity Return annually Maintain and report quarterly to the board on FRAMS projects and their progress (e.g. Discovery Room, GO! Program, etc.) Liaise with web developer, online merchant company, and board representative to ensure website is maintained and kept up to date
5. Board of Directors Liaison including: Provide an office report to the board prior to each board meeting Provide board documents and attachments – as per direction from the president (or designate) – to the board members prior to each board meeting Provide support to the president and chairs of board committees as required Support board committees as needed administratively and operationally
6. Security of Records Provide adequate security and restricted access to financial, personnel, donor, member and other confidential information and records
Skills and Attributes
Solid bookkeeping background and familiarity with accounting software
Ability to manage government contracts
Ability to use and manage FRAMS-related technology and computer programs (database management, donor tracking, tax receipts, etc.)
Ability to manage events (FRAMS Talk & Tours, Preview evenings, casino, etc.) Ability to attend board and committee meetings Flexibility to attend evening/weekend meetings/events Good computer skills (Word, Excel, Publisher, etc.)
Good interpersonal skills to liaise with FRAMS members, donors, museum staff, public, etc. Strong time management skills and ability to meet multiple deadlines
Solid organizational and multitasking skills
For more information on FRAMS and the Royal Alberta Museum, please visit: www.framsociety.ca www.royalalbertamuseum.ca
Salary and other position details will be discussed at interview.
To apply, please email your resume and cover letter in confidence to: FRAMS.Board@gmail.com
Note: applications will be reviewed as they are submitted. Apply early!
Read more at http://www.affta.ab.ca/Arts-In-Alberta/Arts-Opportunities/Friends-of-Royal-Alberta-Museum-Hiring-Business-Manager