NEW Competition Dance Team
Try-Outs: Saturday, September 7, 2013 from 1- 4 pm, Room 138, Keyano College
Competition team allows you to show off your dance abilities and compete throughout the year against other dance studios. You can perform in solo, duo, or group dances. Competitive dancing helps you gain confidence in your dance skills and self-expression.
Keyano Conservatory’s Competitive Dance Team is dedicated to enhancing a dancer’s technique while giving them a variety of performance opportunities and exposing them to the larger world of dance. Our mission is to give dancers a fun, positive, educational experience. Every dancer is eligible to be a part of the team and students will be split up according to their skill level.
Competitive dancers will participate in four dance recitals per calendar year;
1) The Conservatory Halloween Howler will take place in the Recital Theatre October 25th and 26th. This show will be a celebration of everything Halloween, ghosts, goblins and of course, zombies.
2) Christmas Concert will take place in the Main Theatre December 13th and 14th. This show will be a celebration of the holidays and feature Conservatory music students and the Competitive team.
3) Cupid’s Mistake will take place in the Recital Theatre February 14th and 15th. This show will center on the themes of love and heartbreak.
4) Year End Dance Recital will showcase all Conservatory dancers, competitive and non-competitive, but the Competitive Team will have more dances and will be a highlight of the show.
The Competitive Team will perform in three dance competitions through the year;
1) Shy Ann: Santana Dance, April 11 - 14, St. Albert, AB
2) Evergreen Dance Festival, April 30 – May 4th, Sherwood Park, AB
3) Northern Dance Competition, Fort McMurray Alberta, April 21st-23rd.
To be a part of the Competitive Team dancers must be registered in one ballet class and one Conservatory dance class in the style in which they want to compete in. The tuition for the Competitive Team is $599 per dancer. This fee allows students to participate in a weekly two hour practice over and above their regular classes.
If you are interested in being a part of the Competitive Team please first register at the Office of the Registrar in person or by phone, (780) 791-2688, then come to the try outs September 7 , room 138, 1pm-4pm.
All students are eligible to be on the team; the try outs are a way for our instructors to have a chance to get to know you, access your abilities, skill set, and allow them to place you within the team.